Disclaimer

Opinions and observations expressed on this blog reflect the authors' individual experiences and should not be construed to be financial advice. None of the members of this blog are licensed financial advisors. Please consult your own licensed financial advisor if you wish to act on any recommendations here.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Funny Blast from the Past

So, I was going through some books of mine, and I found this one sitting in a bin from my move from my old apartment:

I think this was one my brother picked up around 2003 or so at a rummage sale for about $0.50. In truth, it's probably worth less than that, but it may surprise you to know that this book is not devoid of data and rational argumentation. It actually made a somewhat persuasive case and not all of it was nonsense (though most was). Rather, I think it was a case of where the author had already made up his mind of what he thought the markets were going to do and built his evidence around his prejudices.

Incidentally, this same author is projecting another Great Depression in the near future. Take that for what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment